Due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to accept used item donations, but we can accept new, unopened items and items from our Amazon Wish List below. Thank you!
Thank you for your interest in donating items from our current Wish List. Your gifts help support survivors and their children who leave behind many of their personal belongings when they enter emergency shelter or our transitional housing programs. Many items are needed in the shelter, but we also provide them for survivors when they leave the shelter, so their families can have a head start on setting up a household — whether their new home is at The RISE! (our transitional housing program), or elsewhere in the community.
Donations for emergency shelter can be dropped off at our administrative office (338 S. Washington St.) Monday-Friday between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm. Please call in advance, prior to dropping off donations, to speak with our facilities staff to determine current needs or for additional information: 812-333-7404. Items for our transitional housing program, The RISE!, can be dropped off at 401 S. Washington St, Bloomington, IN 47401, Monday – Friday. Please call The RISE! in advance (812-337-4510) to schedule a drop-off time.
IMPORTANT: Due to health code restrictions, we are unable to accept donations of
used mattresses, used pillows, used stuffed animals, or partially used toiletry items (lotions, etc.).
New Wings Emergency Shelter
Please contact our Shelter Managers to see if your used items can be used. Thank you so much for your generosity.
812-333-7404 ext. 209, firstname.lastname@example.org or Ginae@middlewayhouse.org
- Kids shorts, size 3 and up
- Hand towels
- Diapers sizes 5, 6 & pull-ups
- Baby wipes
- Diaper cream
- Socks for women and children (all sizes)
- Bra sizes 36 and up (all cup sizes), new and gently used okay
- Pants and shirts, sizes large, XL & XXL
- Men’s clothing and shoes (gently used)
- Hair conditioner & ethnic hair products
- Towels and wash cloths
- Pillows (new)
- Twin & full size bed sheets
- Pots, Pans, and Bake ware
- House slippers (larger sizes)
- Meat (ground meat—such as hamburger, turkey, or chicken; chicken—such as breasts, thighs, and wings; pork chops; beef or pork roasts, etc.)
- Canned soup/ready to eat meals; oatmeal & cereal
- Can Openers
- Small Kitchen Appliances: blenders, coffee makers, etc.
The RISE! Transitional Housing Program
- All sizes of boys clothing, Men’s M & L could also be used
- Poise pads for Women
- Diapers and wipes
- Baby Formula (Nutrimigen hypoallergenic), and any other types
- Laundry detergent
- Furniture (particularly shelving and beds), appliances, and kitchenware (including pots and pans)
- Kitchen appliances and kitchenware (including pots and pans)
- New underwear (for adult women and youth of all genders) and bras (all band/cup sizes)
- Cleaning products
- Menstrual products
- Seasonally appropriate clothing in good condition
- Shelf-stable food items (canned soups, macaroni and cheese, and other easy prep items)
- Bedding (including pillows)
- Non-CRT televisions
- Cribs and other infant supplies (including sealed formula, baby food, etc.)
- Personal care products (soap, shampoos, etc.) including products for Black hair textures
- Gift Cards
- Office supplies
Day Care Wish List
Feel free to contact the Childcare Coordinator, Leah Steele via email: mwh.childcare at gmail.com (using correct @ formatting) before making donations!
- Healthy snack foods (perishable in small amounts, non-perishable in any amount)
- Wax paper
- Unopened packages of diapers and wipes
- Strollers for baby dolls
- Sturdy tricycles (for children ages 5 and under)
- Rain boots (for children ages 1-5)
- Washable paint
- Washable glue
- Craft supplies