We are now able to accept gently used donations again, but please contact us before making a donation to make sure that we are able to use your items.
Items can be dropped off by appointment ONLY. Please call Lauren or Gina at 812.333.7404 to make an appointment to drop off items for the shelter. Please call 812.337.4510 to make an appointment to drop off items for The RISE!
You can also reach out by email with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com for the shelter OR firstname.lastname@example.org for The RISE!
Thank you so much for your generosity, love, & support!
Thank you for your interest in donating items from our current Wish List. Your gifts help support survivors and their children who leave behind many of their personal belongings when they enter emergency shelter or our transitional housing programs. Many items are needed in the shelter, but we also provide them for survivors when they leave the shelter, so their families can have a head start on setting up a household — whether their new home is at The RISE! (our transitional housing program), or elsewhere in the community.
Donations for emergency shelter can be dropped off at our administrative office (338 S. Washington St.) Monday-Friday between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm. Please call in advance, prior to dropping off donations, to speak with our facilities staff to determine current needs or for additional information: 812-333-7404. Items for our transitional housing program, The RISE!, can be dropped off at 401 S. Washington St, Bloomington, IN 47401, Monday – Friday. Please call The RISE! in advance (812-337-4510) to schedule a drop-off time.
IMPORTANT: Due to health code restrictions, we are unable to accept donations of
used mattresses, used pillows, used stuffed animals, or partially used toiletry items (lotions, etc.).
New Wings Emergency Shelter Needs
Please contact our Shelter Managers to see if your used items can be used. Thank you so much for your generosity.
812-333-7404 ext. 209, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Means we are very low on this item(s).
- Pantry Fillers
- Freezer meals
- 4lb bags of sugar
- Individual mac ‘n cheese, heat and eat meals
- Gallons of milk
- Fruits and Vegetables (not in large amounts please)
- 2-4 loaves of white bread
- Canned fruit and vegetables (pineapple, peaches, pears, corn, carrots)
- Full mattress pads (new or gently used)
- Good condition full/queen size blankets/comforters
- $10-20 Gift cards (Kroger, Walmart, Gas Stations)
- Ethnic hair care- shampoo*, conditioner, coconut oil, bristle brushes
- Twin size sheet sets
- Children’s toothbrushes*
Girl’s Clothing (new or gently used)
- 5-year girl’s pants*
- 6-year girl’s pants and shirts*
- All size sleep wear (from sleep sacks – 14/16 years)
Boy’s Clothing (new or gently used)
- Size 5 boy’s shirts and pants
- Size 14 boy’s shirts
- All size sleep wear (from sleep sacks – 14/16 years)*
Women’s Clothing (new or gently used)
- M-XL maternity pants and shirts*
- Nursing Bras
- L-XXXL leggings
- Size L women’s long sleeve shirts*
- XL-3XL sports bras
Care packages for On-Scene Advocate Calls
- Toothbrushes for adults
- Small toothpastes
- Travel size shampoo and conditioners
- Wet wipes
- Small tissue packets
- Pregnancy tests
Donations we can always use for residents who are gaining independent housing. All items should be gently used and clean please.
- Serving utensils (spatulas, whisks, serving spoons etc.)
- Knife sets
- Manual can openers
- Baking sheets
- Complete dish sets (4, 6 or 8 servings)
- Unopened or unused cleaning supplies
- Mops, vacuums and dust busters in good shape
- Kitchen towels, dish rags and oven mitts
- Small kitchen appliances (Instant Pots, Crock pots, coffee pots)
- Baking sheets
- Bath towels (bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels and bath mats)
- Nice full/queen size blankets/comforters
- Nice twin, full or queen mattress pads
The RISE! Transitional Housing Program Needs
- Diaper cream
- Bras (all cup sizes) and socks
- Youth boy and Men’s clothing and shoes
- New underwear (for adult women and youth of all genders)
- Shampoo/conditioner & ethnic hair products
- Pillows (new)
- Twin & full size bed sheets
- Pots, Pans, and Bakeware
- Eating and cooking utensils
- Meat (ground meat—such as hamburger, turkey, or chicken; chicken—such as breasts, thighs, and wings; pork chops; beef or pork roasts, etc.)
- Small Kitchen Appliances: blenders, coffee makers, etc.
- Laundry detergent
- Cleaning products
- Cribs and pack-n-plays
- Gift Cards
- Office supplies
- Storage totes
Please feel free to contact our Childcare Coordinator, Rebecca Monroe, with any questions at: email@example.com.
- Wax paper
- Baby wipes
- Diaper rash cream
- Size 5 & 6 diapers
- Size 4T-5T pull-ups
- Children’s clothes sizes 2T-5T
- Children’s shoes sizes 5-13
- Children’s silverware
- Construction paper
- Washable paint
- Glue bottles
- Glue sticks
- Board books
- Bath/beach towels