We are now able to accept gently used donations again, but please email ahead to make sure we are able to use your items. Items can be dropped off by appointment ONLY, call 812.333.7404 and ask for Lauren or Gina to make an appointment to drop off for the shelter. Call 812.337.4510 and ask for Jacob to make an appointment to drop off for The RISE!
You could also reach out by email with any questions to: Laurenfox@middlewayhouse.org and GinaE@middlewayhouse.org
OR firstname.lastname@example.org for The RISE!
Thank you for your interest in donating items from our current Wish List. Your gifts help support survivors and their children who leave behind many of their personal belongings when they enter emergency shelter or our transitional housing programs. Many items are needed in the shelter, but we also provide them for survivors when they leave the shelter, so their families can have a head start on setting up a household — whether their new home is at The RISE! (our transitional housing program), or elsewhere in the community.
Donations for emergency shelter can be dropped off at our administrative office (338 S. Washington St.) Monday-Friday between the hours of 10 am and 5 pm. Please call in advance, prior to dropping off donations, to speak with our facilities staff to determine current needs or for additional information: 812-333-7404. Items for our transitional housing program, The RISE!, can be dropped off at 401 S. Washington St, Bloomington, IN 47401, Monday – Friday. Please call The RISE! in advance (812-337-4510) to schedule a drop-off time.
IMPORTANT: Due to health code restrictions, we are unable to accept donations of
used mattresses, used pillows, used stuffed animals, or partially used toiletry items (lotions, etc.).
New Wings Emergency Shelter
Please contact our Shelter Managers to see if your used items can be used. Thank you so much for your generosity.
812-333-7404 ext. 209, email@example.com or Ginae@middlewayhouse.org
- Shelf stable foods (Individual mac n’cheeses, heat and eat meals)
- Snack foods (chips, cookies, popcorn etc)
- Coffee and powdered creamer
- Chicken and Vegetable Broth
- Jellies (any flavor)
- white bread
- Travel sized toiletry items (unused)
- Belts for men and women (Medium, Large, X-Large)
- Toddler and Infant shoes sizes 0-10 (gently used or new)
- Women’s tennis shoes sizes 7 and 8 (gently used or new)
- Twin and Full mattress protectors (no zippers please)
- $10-20 Gift cards (Kroger, Walmart, Gas Stations)
- Gently used or new toys for playroom (not ones with lots of parts preferably)
- Silverware trays
- Can Openers
- Cleaning products (unused)
- Ethnic Hair Care-Shampoo, Conditioner, coconut oils and bristle brushes
- Kitchen towels, dish rags and oven mitts
- New Pillows
- Ethnic hair care-Shampoo and Conditioners
- Pots, Pans, and Bakeware
The RISE! Transitional Housing Program
- Diaper cream
- Bras (all cup sizes) and socks
- Youth boy and Men’s clothing and shoes
- New underwear (for adult women and youth of all genders)
- Shampoo/conditioner & ethnic hair products
- Pillows (new)
- Twin & full size bed sheets
- Pots, Pans, and Bakeware
- Eating and cooking utensils
- Meat (ground meat—such as hamburger, turkey, or chicken; chicken—such as breasts, thighs, and wings; pork chops; beef or pork roasts, etc.)
- Small Kitchen Appliances: blenders, coffee makers, etc.
- Laundry detergent
- Cleaning products
- Cribs and pack-n-plays
- Gift Cards
- Office supplies
- Storage totes
Day Care Wish List
Feel free to contact the Childcare Coordinator, Rebecca Monroe via email: mwh.childcare at gmail.com (using correct @ formatting) before making donations!
- Healthy snack foods (perishable in small amounts, non-perishable in any amount)
- Wax paper
- Unopened packages of diapers and wipes
- Strollers for baby dolls
- Sturdy tricycles (for children ages 5 and under)
- Rain boots (for children ages 1-5)
- Washable paint
- Washable glue
- Craft supplies