Middle Way House, Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://middlewayhouse.org website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
We do not track the data of people using our website, other than what will be incidentally tracked by a third party such as PayPal, which my be used to purchase tickets for our events; the information submitted through contact forms (i.e. newsletter signups) and website analytics automatically collected by the web server (time of day, pages visited, etc. – all anonymous but with the IP address).
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us (when purchasing tickets for events, or signing up for a newsletter) certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Middle Way House, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To evaluate whether our information is reaching the largest population of people perhaps in need of services in order to improve, provide and maintain the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Middle Way House, Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Middle Way House, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Our donors’ privacy (online and offline) is very important to us and personal information is always kept confidential. Middle Way House, Inc.:
- will not sell, share, or trade a donor’s personal information with anyone else, nor send donor mailings on behalf of other organizations;
- will only share personal information once the donor has given us specific permission to do so (i.e. being acknowledged by name for a donation or sponsorship on our website, social media, or print materials).
Middle Way House uses the following platforms to collect monetary and non-monetary donations:
- Bloomerang – used to manage our donor database. For more information about their privacy and security, please visit https://bloomerang.co/privacy-policy/ and https://bloomerang.co/security-policy/.
- Stripe – the server/payment processor that is integrated with our Bloomerang donor management software. For more information about their privacy and security, please visit https://stripe.com/privacy/ and https://stripe.com/docs/security/stripe/.
- Give Lively – used to collect monetary donation via text. For more information about Give Lively’s privacy and security, please visit https://www.givelively.org/data-privacy-and-security/.
- Venmo – used to collect monetary donations online and in-person. For more information about Venmo’s privacy and security, please visit https://venmo.com/about/security/.
- Facebook/Instagram – used to collect monetary donations via fundraisers/donate button. For more information about Facebook/Instagram’s privacy and security, please visit https://www.facebook.com/policy.php and https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/519522125107875.
- Amazon – used to collect non-monetary donations from our Amazon wish list. For more information about Amazon’s privacy and security, please visit https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G68RWEYX26H3ZXJT/.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org